Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lots of Reading!

I have read 3 books this week ~ crazy!

I started out with Beautiful Redemption, the last novel in the Beautiful Creatures series. I was satisfied with the book, and I gave it a 4/5 stars on Goodreads. My only complaint is throughout the whole series I felt the same problem reoccurred in every book. We all kept worrying about Lena's next birthday or some moon or Sarafine and in every book it just seemed like the problem was reworded. But I still thought it was written beautifully and I definitely still recommend the series.

Next was Graceling which is the first of its series. Let's just say I fell in loveee. I fell in love with Prince Po and his charming ways and admired Katsa, our main heroine, in this story. The emotions was what really got me in the story. Katsa comes off as a woman who is very guarded and doesn't let anyone see her loveable or sensitive side. When she meets Po that wall slowly comes down, and the author does a brilliant job of showing that weakening of Katsa's inner emotions. I'm greatly looking forward to the next book, Fire.

The third book I read this week was Wicked Lovely, another first book in its series. I read this book in about a day and a half. From the beginning I was drawn in because its all about faeries and I love me a good faerie story! The Summer King is who I'm currently shipping Aislinn, the main character, with, but my ship has not sailed in the first book I'm sad to say. I'm ecstatic to get my hands on the second book, Ink Exchange, and hope it arrives at the library this weekend! It reminded me very much of The Iron Fey series which made me super happy, since I recommend that series on a daily basis and to this day continue to rave about it!

On top of Fire and Ink Exchange, I reserved the first book in the Vampire Academy series, Vampire Academy. I've heard raving reviews, so I guess my expectations are high! But we'll see if its everything people have measured it up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment